Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jacksonville, FL

Hello All, hope everyone is doing well. Where do I begin?  Well, from Georgia we enjoyed a stay in Clemson, SC for one night and a performance. Thank goodness the hotel was 100% cleaner and we at least got a decent night sleep. Then off again the next morning. We could now enjoy the next two days off in Florida. Sue’s husband Mike came to visit again and brought Maria with him. Unfortunately she had come down with a bit of a cold. She probably caught it from Mikey who caught it on the bus. We have all had some aggravating cough that we just cant get rid of. Mike had rented a minivan so we all could get around for the couple of days off. Monday we were all able to get on the bus and head to the beach for a few hours which was nice just to sit on the beach and relax. The kids of course loved that they could just run some energy off. After eating down by the beach we all went back to our hotel rooms and pretty much crashed and retired for the evening. On Tuesday we headed to the Museum of Science and History in Jacksonville along with Jeremiah the tutor for a field trip which was a nice change from having class on a bus. Thanks again to Mike for providing the transportation. We then again headed back to the hotel for some r & r. That evening Mike & I took the kids to the movies to see Coraline in 3D which is great movie if I say so myself. Sue had stayed back with little Maria who was still not feeling well trying to fight off a cold.  Today the cast had 2 shows in which the first was a school show at 10am with about 1800 kids showing up with a Question & Answer session after the show.  Needless to say the kids loved the show and all the little girls were going crazy for Oliver and Dodger even asking them if they were available.  Available for what, I ask?  The kids were even more pumped up when the 3 boys started signing autographs. The 7pm show went well but without all the screaming for the boys. That concludes our stop in Florida and it is about that time I say goodnight. We are off in the morning to Morganton, NC I hope to see some of you there. Please give me a call so Q and I will take some time to say hello after the show on Friday.  I am also excited to be seeing my cousin Gerry and his family, Gail’s sister Brenda and Brother Evan and his family in Lowell. I will take tons of pics and post them later. I have added updated all the pics up to this point in Picasa Web links below so check them out. Blog to you soon.

P.S. We all hope Maria gets well soon.

 

Love Ya,

John & Q

No comments:

Followers