Sunday, March 1, 2009

A blog from Mom!

I felt the need to write a little something from my perspective. It has been a long separation and I am so happy my boys are home, however, at the same time, I am so sad that this adventure is over for my son.

My daughter and I stayed home while Quentin and John went on this 7 month excursion. Someone along the way asked if I was jealous because my boys were on this outing, traveling and seeing the country. There is no way in the world I could be jealous! My son received an education that is priceless. This opportunity is something that only few get to experience and at such a young age. He has grown so much as an actor and a young man. I am so grateful! Grateful that my husband was able to join him in this experience, grateful for the other parents, for their kindness and their encouragement, grateful for the cast for their discipline and for the director for taking this chance on Quentin and giving him this unbelievable opportunity. I am so proud of the show and of everyone involved. Jealous – no! I am overwhelmed with pride, love and amazement. Thank you to all our friends and family!

10 memories from Mom's perspective:
  • 5 am - coffee and blogspot/facebook - where is my baby boy today??
  • Holding my breath while reading reviews.·
  • Finding a "Google Alert" in my email inbox.·
  • My hug in Pembroke, NC. It had been over 4 weeks since I had last seen him and the way that hug felt will stay with me forever.
  • My (heart) belongs to Oliver and Tiny Tim! I had 2 Dickens boys!
  • Mikey's rendition in sign language of Mr.Bumble's "lovey, chubby, hubby" – so funny!
  • "I miss you Mommy" the ending of many conversations. I missed you too, more than life! I hope you know that.
  • Reina and I flying to Reno, NV. Her final words "Thank you so much Mommy for taking me with you. I had a great time!"
  • Reina explaining to the passenger next to her on the plane home from Reno that she (this passenger) was sitting next to a STAR's sister. This was the first of many intro's of "My brother's a star!"
  • Arguing about how many inches he grew…In total he grew 3 inches!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Gail, Now you have me crying again! I wish I could get my husband to write on the blog like you did. This was truly an amazing journey whether you were at home or on the road. There were many sacrifices on each end. I think we all were truly fortunate that our families were able to find a way to make their young dreams come true. Love to you all, Sue

Followers